Why Fast Matters
We’re all —I hope!— well aware that performance is important; it’s great for business and it’s great for our users. But things are still not fast enough. With more and more emerging markets coming online, and more and more apps moving to the web platform, we’re reaching an intersection where connections are getting slower and websites are getting heavier. In this talk, we’ll learn just what these emerging markets mean to us, and how we can begin to move in the right direction.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- the moral and business impact of good performance;
- how the network really works, and how to play to its strengths and weaknesses;
- how to optimise our assets for most effective delivery;
- how to trick the browser into downloading things ahead of time;
- how to detect and troubleshoot performance issues;
- how to measure performance successes;
- how to prepare for the performance landscape of tomorrow.
A bit about Harry
With a client list including Google, Unilever, and the United Nations, Harry is an award-winning Consultant Front-end Architect who helps organisations and teams across the globe to plan, build, and maintain product-scale UIs.
A Google Developer Expert, he writes on the subjects of CSS architecture, performance, and scalability at csswizardry.com; develops and maintains inuitcss; authored CSS Guidelines; and Tweets at @csswizardry.
Harry on the web
Don't miss out. Come see Harry Roberts and other inspiring speakers at Source Up! 2017.
Early Bird tickets (10% off) start at R 5,850 (~USD 450) to learn from the world's leading front-end design experts in Johannesburg, South Africa.Get your tickets
Other great folks speaking at Source Up!