The talk description is on it's way
React JS Workshop
Hundreds of thousands of developers from small agencies to large companies use React to deliver top notch experiences in their apps and dynamic website components:
- Facebook.com is made up of thousands of React components.
- Instagram web viewer is entirely built in React.
- The brand new Netflix movie browsing experience is powered by React
- and many more!
Join Wes Bos for a full day React JS workshop at The CastleGate. Together you will build an application in which you load in data from an external source, display it and allow users to comment and like on different photos.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN:
Introduction + Welcome
- Introduction to React Components
- Writing HTML with JSX
- Creating layout with components
- Passing dynamic data with Props
- React Event Listeners
- Understanding State
- Working with State and Events
- Loading in data via Ajax
- Routing with React Router
- Displaying State with JSX
- Updating State
- Animating React Components
- Component Validation with PropTypes
- Understanding and Working with Context in React
Final Exercise → Build it!
- Together we will build an application in which we load in data from an external source, display it and allow users to comment and like on different photos. WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP? This workshop is intended for designers, developers and everybody else who looking to learn React. You should at least be familiar with some basics of web development. WHAT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DO YOU NEED? To get the most out of the workshop, you'll need to bring a laptop with your preferred text editor. You might consider .
A bit about Wes
Wes Bos is a web developer and entrepreneur from Hamilton Canada who teaches modern web development. Wes delivers in person workshops and has some of the best online courses available.
Wes on the web
Don't miss out. Come see Wes Bos and other inspiring speakers at Source Up! 2017.
Early Bird tickets (10% off) start at R 5,850 (~USD 450) to learn from the world's leading front-end design experts in Johannesburg, South Africa.Get your tickets
Other great folks speaking at Source Up!